Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The CMIR is cool

Hi everyone, as you may or may not know I am a proud J-School student at the University of Florida.
A really cool part of the Journalism school is this nifty place called the Center for Media Innovation and Research.  Part of their mission is to develop new forms of communication through multimedia. Creating this blog is just one step into their process of becoming a successful program. My favorite aspect of the CMIR is the 21st Century News Lab and Newsroom.
In the newsroom we learn how to be professional broadcasters where we edit and produce news segments for the 5'clock newscast. Here's a link to my last shift where I "photogged" a segment about Confederate History Month in Ocala, Fl. The Innovation Newsroom as part of CMIR has allowed me to develop professional skills and create real newscasts like any real working reporter.
Here is a picture of me looking awkward talking about some local Gainesville news. I am very proud of my work through the CMIR and look forward to future projects. Some really interesting student initiatives produces by the CMIR, like this one about video games saving lives in Africa, are utilizing new communication skills with practical and tangible world applications. So please enjoy another picture of me in the blazing hot Florida summer trying to figure out the zoom. XOXO. 


No comments:

Post a Comment